Tuesday, July 28, 2009

My Hairitage

Hello friends!
Many of you may not know something about me. I am a multiracial pug. No, I am not a mutt or a mixed breed, but my hairitage (or is it heritage?) is very rich. You see, I am a chinese-peruvian-cuban-american pug. That's why I can bark and understand spanish and english!

So before you start guessing, here goes the story:
I am a pug, and pugs originated in China, but I was born in the U.S.

My mom was born and lived most of her life (27 years) in Perú.


Dad was born in the U.S. but his parents were both born in Cuba.


So today, 188 years ago, it was the independence of Perú. It is a big country, not as big as this one though. But it looks big in this map.
Mom was born in Lima, grandma was born in Moquegua and grandpa was born in a little province in Lima, up in the mountains. Doesn't mom look like an andean girl?

Yesterday mom brought a "Paneton" home to celebrate the tradition. It smells yummilicious but she said that I can't have any. Well mom, since I can't have any, let me tell you that Panettone's are originally from Italy. How come you say that's a tradition to eat on Perú's Independence Day? (And on Christmas, also).

12 comments:

Libby's Library said...

Coco - I went to high school with a foreign exchange student from Lima. Gosh - I wish that I could remember his name! Maybe I can find an old year book. Wouldn't it be a riot, if he knew your grandpawrents?

Kelly said...

Sweet Coco,
Your diverse heritage is just one of the things that makes you so special! I think you should get some of that paneton, by the way. :)

XOXO

Nevis said...

My ex's family was from Venezuela and they used to eat Panatones on holidays, too. I think it's a South-American thing because they're very Europeon in South America. Does that make sense? Like a lot of Europeans emigrated there and thats where those traditions got started. Of course, those are just my thoughts...what do I know! :-)

Becky said...

Quite an ancestry you have there, Coco! Just glad you are here with us in good ole Florida!

Brutus, Ellie, Pippa and Otto said...

Thanks for sharing your Hairitage with us, it was very interesting. It is good to be multi-cultural.

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

Happy Independy day Peru! We love your diversity!

Mr. Puggle® said...

wow, what an international pug you are!

Stubby said...

Hi Coco! Love your hairitage! It's very diverse. I was born in the U.S. as were my parents, so I am 100% American - yahoo!

I think you should get some paneton to celebrate. If not, then you should demand something else like a Big Mac!

Stubby xoxo

Sue said...

Coco - you certainly have a distinguished lineage! No wonder you're so handsome - your pawrents are both beautiful!
xoxo
Roscoe

Salinger The Pug said...

Coco...you are an International Pug of Mystery...and SO cute!

Jeez...you have such good looking parents too! How fabulous!

Mom says to tell you that french toast made from leftover Panatone is like one of the best things EVER!

Love,
S-Dog

LydiaAndPugs said...

Cute Post! :)

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Hi Coco
I love your heritage to. Thank you for sharring that with us.
You are so Internationally Diverse and it makes you so very special and unique.
We love you
love
tweedles